Well, a couple things,
1. I hang around people that are super uplifting. The people I know are very nice and see me as who God wants me to be, looking past all the little flaws I see.
2. I mentally try to remind myself daily that my attractiveness comes from a spirit that is secure in Jesus. And the only reason people should be attracted to that spirit is so that I can point them back to his goodness. Anything other than that does not matter. Spending time with Jesus helps this confidence so much.
3. I read the word, which is ridiculously encouraging and solidifies how planned and special we really are.
4. I keep track of all the things I love about other people. When I dwell on other people’s beauty and am celebrating their successes, I am usually much happier in my own skin.
5. I try not to spend hours looking through instagram or tumblr. I spend time on here sure, but I limit my time. I don’t need to be looking at 500 pictures of people that all look way prettier than me. That shouldn’t concern me and causes me to have a spirit of jealousy. I don’t need to compare my life and looks to others. I am who I am. The end.
6. I keep in mind that I can’t change who God made me to be. I wish I had longer legs. But hey, I will never have them. So I am done wasting my time caring. Instead, I focus on the things I like about myself.
7. I stop voicing the lies Satan tells me. When I look in the mirror and think, “I look horrible,” I try really hard not to say it out loud. Saying things out loud reinforces this to yourself. I know I struggle with this, but I am working really hard on not talking bad about myself to others as well. It’s easy to be with a bunch of girls and say things like, “ugh, your hair is so healthy, my hair is so broken and dead.” That’s silly talk. I should be able to give someone a compliment without having to put myself down and they should be able to do this too. So I am working hard to stop speaking lies like this out loud. :)
8. I stay busy doing things with purpose. When we know our life’s purpose and are doing something with meaning, we start to be concerned with God’s plan and showing other people love. When I am busy doing that, I don’t think too much about myself anymore and am filled with a Godly confidence that tells me I am exactly who God created me to be.
Hope that helps! <3